Network members understand that building innovative partnerships between farmers, chefs and consumers strengthen Vermont’s agricultural economy. In 2014, Vermont Fresh Network chef members purchased 25 million dollars of Vermont-grown food. Together, we continue to prove that chef and farmer/food producer partnerships are an integral part of Vermont’s vibrant local food system.
Join VFN today and add your voice to our dedicated community of agricultural and culinary professionals so we can continue to bring public attention to the importance of choosing to dine at restaurants that serve Vermont-grown products.
Qualifications for Membership:
(Partnerships must be logged with the Vermont Fresh Network office annually.)
Farmers: One (1) VFN Restaurant that you agree to sell to on a regular basis.
Food Producers, Agricultural Co-ops, Food Distributors:
- Four (4) VFN Farmers that you purchase from on a regular basis.
- Four (4) VFN Chef Partners who you sell to on a regular basis.
Health Care Institutions and K-12 Schools:
- Four (4) Partnerships with VFN Farmers or Producers that you purchase from regularly.
- A minimum of 10% of annual food purchases must be Vermont grown or produced food.
Chef/Restaurant/Food Market/Colleges/School/Inn/B&B/Bakery/Caterer/Food Truck/Commerical Kitchen/Culinary Education/Any Other Food Service:
- Four (4) Vermont Farmers or Producers from whom you frequently purchase local products.
- A minimum of 15% of annual food purchases must be Vermont grown or produced food.
- Your menu must contain Vermont products that represent (3) of the (6) USDA Food Groups year-round.
- You must attend one networking event. (VFN Annual Meeting, VFN Annual Forum, VT Local Food Matchmaker, host a Farmers Dinner, hold a face to face meeting with a farm partner either on their farm or in your kitchen.)
A love and appreciation of Vermont-produced food and the desire to espouse the importance of supporting local agriculture.
Please complete the following online forms and push submit. We will contact you within two weeks about the status of your application.
ONLINE MEMBERSHIP FORMS: Click on your membership type
- Chef/Restaurant/Food Market/Institution/School/Inn/B&B/Bakery/Caterer/Food Truck/Commerical Kitchen/Culinary Education/Any Other Food Service
- Food Processor/Distributor/Agricultural Co-op
or DOWNLOAD, complete and email (or snail mail) the appropriate form:
Chef/Restaurant/Food Market/Institution/School/Inn/B&B/Bakery/Caterer/Food Truck/Commerical Kitchen/Culinary Education/Any Other Food Service:
Food Processor/Distributor/Agricultural Co-op:
What does VFN provide for your business?
Membership in VFN gives you access to a broad and deep network of like-minded chefs, farmers and food producers. The network provides you with information, ideas, experiences, and camaraderie born of a shared vision with other Vermont food professionals.
- Connections to Vermont food buyers and sellers who are committed to working with Vermont partners.
- Brand recognition with our iconic sign and logo.
- Exclusive listings for your business and events on both VermontFresh.net and DigInVT.com.
- Featured stories and event listing in the bi-weekly Fresh Feed e-newsletter, now reaching 1,800 readers directly and over 5,000 through Social Media.
- Invitations to special programs including our Annual Forum Dinner, Annual Meeting, professional development opportunities and Farmer/Chef Matchmaking events.
- Information about interesting new ideas and products.
- Listing on VermontFresh.Net
- Listing on DigInVT.com Web
- Listing in our Local Food Guide
- Marketing opportunities through Vermont Fresh Network’s Fresh Feed newsletter and media partnerships
- Access to VFN Connects, a private Facebook group for VFN Members where you can post your "haves", "needs" and/or questions to other VFN members
- VFN tin sign and window decals
- Invitations to participate in the Annual Forum and other special programs
- Invitations and Opportunities to participate in special events throughout New England
- Unlimited VFN logo use
- Voting rights in the organization
• 19th Annual Forum – Featuring over 35 VFN chefs, farmers and food producers and hosting 400 guests from the dining public. Save the Date for our 20th Aniversary - Sunday, August 7, 2016!
• Vermont Food Guide – In partnership with Edible Green Mountains Magazine, we produced and distributed over 30,000 VFN membership directories.
• DigInVT.com – Collaborative VT farm and food tourism website helping to lead locals and tourists alike to your doorstep. VFN is the only organization that sanctions restaurant listings on DigInVT.com.
• Open Farm Week – Collaborated in hosting the inaugural Open Farm Week, where 85 farms opened their barn doors and garden gates to the public for a wide variety of experiences. In 2016, Open Farm Week will take place from August 15 - 21. See DigInVT.com for details.
• Fresh Feed E-newsletter – Sending out more than 40 Fresh Feed e-newsletters-sharing your stories with over 1,800 Vermonters.
• Gold Barn Honor Program – Recognizing VFN chefs who raise the bar by sourcing over 30% of their food purchases locally and partner with over 15 VFN farms.
• Leading the Way – VFN chefs, farmers and food producers continuously prove to be leaders in advancing our local food movement. VFN strives to introduce our members to leadership opportunities through exclusive event invitations, networking opportunities and support of participation in events like this year’s inaugural Vermont Cider Week.
• Fish On! Pilot - Exploring Lake Champlain as an abundant food source and assessing the Network’s role in advocating for the health of the lake.